1054 Paris Street
Year of the Supernova
1054 was the year of a supernova in our Milky Way Galaxy.
What you can see today is the
Go back in the time machine to
October 1995 or
September 1995 or
August 1995 or
Index for 1054 Paris Street
Saturday, 18 November 1995
- Today was a very nice day for raking the leaves here in
I have 3 maple trees in my yard, so I have plenty of leaves
to keep me busy every Autumn.
- There are 3 planets close to each other in the sky today.
They are Mars, Jupiter and Venus. At sunset they are
on the SouthWest horizon.
I found this out reading
Sky and Telescope Magazine for November 1995.
- Bill Gates had a lot to say at Comdex in LasVegas this week.
He made the
Saturday, 11 November 1995
- It is freezing and we have 2 inches of snow
on the ground here in
Omaha today with very bright sunshine.
You need sunglasses to go outside for sure.
- There is an Easter Egg for
Windows 95 which I got from reading the
Windows 95 Newsgroup.
Here is what to enter. You must enter this information exactly
as shown. Do steps 1 through 4 one after another with no other
commands in between.
1) Right-click on the desktop and select "New" then "Folder".
Name the folder:
and now, the moment you've all been waiting for
2) Right-click the folder and rename it to:
we proudly present for your viewing pleasure
3) Right-click the folder and rename it again to:
The Microsoft Windows 95 Product Team!
4) Open the folder and you should hear some music and see
lots and lots and lots of names of people.
Why they made it so hard to get to is beyond me.
- This week I had problems with my service provider
NETCOM. I was changing my password and the system
changed it to something other than what I typed. I spent
33 minutes on a long distance call to get it reset. I was
on hold most of that time. I'm now scared to change my
password ever again, which is not a good thing.
Then I was looking at my "Session Summary" and it said
I had been signed on 815,880,505 times this month. Sure!
Well, it's fixed today. Good!
- Have you ever wondered:
"What time is it?".
US Naval Observatory Master Clock.
- I like to watch NOVA on
The Discovery Channel
usually has interesting programs on it.
Thursday, 2 November 1995
- A few days ago when I started my computer it changed
the clock back 1 hour to Central Standard Time automatically.
This is part of
Windows 95. Others that were using their computers at
2 AM on Sunday, October 29th, had problems. It kept resetting
the time over and over at 2 AM. In Austrailia the clocks
go forward 1 hour since it is Springtime for them. In
England the time officially changed on the 4th Sunday of October and
Windows 95 did not change until the next Sunday. You can
read about this bug in the
Windows 95 Newsgroup.
- Another way to keep your time on your PC correct is to use
- Some day I hope to join a
Webring if they let me.
- Today I downloaded and installed the
Adobe Acrobat Reader. It looks great!
Send e-mail to:
Paris GEO Page
Beverly Hills Internet provides this page for free.
Thank you very much (merci beaucoup).
TOP of this page
Last changed on December 2, 1995 at 5:00 PM CST